[Xastir] Snapshot problems

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:01:51 EST 2010

On 1/13/10, Mike <w2swrster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Im new to Xastir and trying it out. Is there currently a problem with
> the Snapshot.png module? I looking for some help. I cant get the thing
> to work. Nothing shows up in ~/.xastir/tmp/  at all. I am running rev
> 1.9.7 on a P4, 1.3 GHz with Kubuntu. I verified that the ImageMagick
> module is installed and operating by running the convert command in a
> shell. Tried different maps as well as toggling the snapshot.png module
> on/off several times. can anyone help?
>
> P.S. the alarms are not working either. I installed the wav files in the
> sound folder and verified matching file names. This problem is not a
> priority to me but just in case its related.

I'm not sure what is going on with the snapshots, but I have found
that there is an app called sox that uses the "play" command that is
entered into Xastir by default.

apt-get install sox

Try that and see if the sound files play.  It worked for me in
Eeebuntu 3.0, which is Ubuntu 9.04 based.

Lee - K5DAT