[Xastir] Xastir on a a Netbook

Phil - w2lie w2lie at w2lie.net
Thu Jan 14 23:08:32 EST 2010

I currently have Xastir running on my Laptop, and I'm building my first
true Linux only desktop for home use as I type this.  Both PC's run (or
will run) openSUSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3 desktop.  The laptop is running
fine, and I hope that my Desktop has the same good luck.

The "jolly old fatmam" delivered a nice shiny ACER Aspire One netbook
this year..  I must have been really good.  I've installed the 2Gig
memory chip and was thinking about putting Xastir on there.  I was
thinking about just running a virtual machine, but now I'm really
starting to think about splitting the HD in 2, and running Linux in the
second partition.  It seems that Ubuntu Remix is the only real solution
out there so I was wondering if anyone else happens to be running Xastir
on a netbook before I start messing with partitions or anything like
that.  I'm happy with openSUSE and I've been reading that there are some
extra steps needed to get Ubuntu to run with Xastir.

Sorry to ramble, but Xastir is really my main reason for even trying to
put Linux on the netbook (besides the M$ debate)- and I want to make
sure I'm going to be able to run Xastir on there.

73
Phil / w2lie

--
www.w2lie.net
Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums.