[Xastir] Fedora 12 Xastir curso problem

George Karayannis m3rl1n at otenet.gr
Fri Jan 22 13:08:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a notion that this issue may have come up previously, in the
forum, however on various clean install Fedora 12 distros (2 native and
2 Virtualbox) [yum install] I have installed xastir but always get the
same issue with the cursor. After a little bit of time the xastir window
'grabs' the cursor, that actually reverses and gets a left to right
orientation, it cannot operate on any menus and actually stays confined
in the window.

On a native install I usually bring the the GUI down and kill xastir but
on the virtual machine that is impossible since the usual commands bring
down the host GUI.

On a recent CentOS 5.4 clean install (being a linux noob I was rather
impressed with meself both hihihi) xastir compiled nicely and works
non-stop on a remote networked box without any such issues. That is also
the case with my Ubuntu machines, leaving only F12 wanting.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ( -h ), humanly understood,
since I confess my linux is nascent.

Btw I have moved from M$ to linux, last year, starting with Ubuntu, and
I have recently started digging the red hat variants (mind you I get
impressed when I get a nice compile or even that darn wireless on centos
hihi) and have thoroughly enjoyed the process, all my office - QTH
machines now are either primarily or at the very least dual boot linux,
leaving only my APRS igate on XP.

Sorry oh so sorry for the long post

George SV4LAX