[Xastir] Xastir => Mysql

Mike w2swrster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 18:03:00 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am knee deep in trying to get data collected from Xastir to MySQL. I
have MySQL 5.1.37 and PHP 5.2.10 installed with Xastir 1.9.7.  I have
followed the MySQL Persistence directions
[http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Persistence] closely with the
execption of using the included sql dump (db_gis_postgis.sql) which has
a lot of syntax errors no matter  which SQL compatibility mode I use. So
I  built the databases and tables manually using the SQL dump as a road
map. With that said, I can only say that I am 90% sure I did them all
correctly. What I havn't done so far is (and I quote): "Run xastir and
add a SQL Database interface, start with the MySQL defaults, add the
username and password of the xastir user." This I am not too sure what
Im being told to do here. I am a newbe to PHP and MySQL ive only used
them for some small web related stuff as a user and never on a dev end
of it, but I have my nose deep into PHP & MySQL for Dummies and I am
slowly learning.

If anyone can help, I would deeply appreciate it.

Mike, W2SWR

P.S. if it helps, I use phpMyAdmin to drive MySQL