[Xastir] xastir on cygwin installation problem

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 27 23:08:26 EST 2010

Hello Rob,

Short answer to all your questions...the xm.h issue is fixed by the latest
version of Cygwin as long as you do a fresh install.  If you had an
installation previous to 30 days ago, it will continue to have the xm.h
issue.  There is a very ugly work-around.

The -devel stuff has been moved into the lib* area of the list of packages.

As the somewhat defacto Cygwin Howto maintainer (I've got one XP system that
VMWare won't touch due to damaged something (read mystery vxd or dll) in the
video subsystem) I'm working on a complete rewrite of the HowTo with an
updated list of what to install.

If you can live without a working installation for another day or so I
should have the rewrite done by Friday or so.

Dave
KD7MYC