[Xastir] Xastir on new iPad

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Jan 31 02:36:39 EST 2010

On Jan 31, 2010, at 1:27 AM, Nick wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any desire to port Xastir to the iPad?  Certainly looks like an awesome touchscreen navigation tool.

I don't think it'd be an easy "port" because there's no X11 on the iPad.  There's not even any Aqua.

I've been looking into some of this for making a native Aqua Mac "port" of Xastir, but quickly figured out that it would just be easier to redesign a new application based on the ideas and implementation of Xastir to create a client.  I started some work on it, but got side tracked with other things.  Once you have a "Mac-ish" client to get some of the support stuff done, then you could work on overhauling the interface.