[Xastir] Xastir on new iPad

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:20:03 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Nick <nwsnowboarder at verizon.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any desire to port Xastir to the iPad?

I doubt it.  lots of work, extremely limited user base.

>  Certainly looks like an awesome touchscreen navigation tool.

... until you start looking at the details, like no multitasking (I
thought it was microsoft's job to be 20 years behind?) and the fact
that only apple approved apps can be used.  Your device is locked, and
you can only load apps apple has chosen to include in the apps store,
or perhaps you can become a developer (for $$, $99 to $299 a year
right now) so that you can build your own apps for the device you
theoretically own.

The mac is the only product apple sells that is consumer friendly.
Everything else is locked down, subscription based, bleed you for the
rest of your life, etc.

-Jason
kg4wsv