[Xastir] MediaWiki and PRE tag

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:10:01 EST 2010

> In fact, checking the stylehseets (specifically the one being used called skins/modern/main.css) there is an entry for the PRE tag which is adding 0.4em of padding around the lines.  Try changing that padding to zero and see what happens.

Not quite...

This section adds padding around the <pre>, not around each line:

main.css (line 1049):
pre {
    background-color:#F0F0F0;
    border:1px solid #3C78B5;
    padding:0.4em;
}

Here is your culprit for the line spacing:

main.css (line 106):
#mw_content {
    line-height:1.5em;
}

The sf stylesheet adds
pre {
    line-height: 1.1em;
}
so normal paragraph spacing remains 1.5, but the <pre> line spacing is shorter.

Tom KD7LXL - Web Developer (glad my skill-set could finally be of use
to the Xastir project)