[Xastir] "ICE default IO error handler ... errno=32" in 1.9.9

Peter Gamache peter+aprs at duonet.net
Thu Jul 8 09:14:31 EDT 2010

First, to the other replies - thanks.  I do know the stale locks are
leftovers from a previous crash, and I had killall -9'd the remaining Xastir
threads before execution of the logged run.  I even looked at a 'lsof' to
see what was open, and nothing there mentioned xastir.

Tom, it looks like a couple dependencies for map_tif went missing somehow,
and weren't picked up by the CVS checkout.  I tried another build and caught
this:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include/ImageMagick -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/local/share/xastir\"
-g -O2 -pipe -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused-parameter -pthread -MT map_tif.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/map_tif.Tpo
-c -o map_tif.o map_tif.c
map_tif.c:88:21: error: xtiffio.h: No such file or directory
map_tif.c:91:27: error: geo_normalize.h: No such file or directory

Are those headers part of Xastir, or part of ImageMagick?

Also, When I tried starting Xastir later that day (with no config changes or
anything else) it worked fine.  [sigh]

I'm trying hard not to blame the fact that I've got 37Gb of maps (the entire
Tiger/Line 2009 dataset for the continental US)...  I should really move the
states I don't use elsewhere, but I've still got them in .../xastir/maps
from doing the dbfawk development and testing.

-Peter