[Xastir] Level III radar mosaics are back

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Jul 13 10:07:52 EDT 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Gerald Creager wrote:

> Still working to make the WMS work, should be this week. Lost a lot with
> recovering from some config and hardware FUBARs.

   For a short time after this message, I could pull data from USRADAR.geo,
but it seems to have gone away again.   WMSRADAR.geo gives me a totally
black screen.
   Also, when I have RidgeDTX (+/or RidgeGRR or RidgeIND) active, and there
is no storm activity in the area, I see a large cloud of 'ground clutter'
around the station location.  When there is some storm activity, this
seems to be well suppressed.  Is this an artifact of some AGC action in
the radar itself?  You seem to do a wonderful job of filtering out these
spurious responses when you assemble the mosaics to generate USradar and
WMSradar.  I'm looking forward to their return!

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009