[Xastir] Error trying to install Ubuntu Binary from Xastir Site

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:45:39 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Amateur Radio WB8NUT <duffy at wb8nut.com> wrote:
>  Folks, I downloaded the Ubuntu 10.04 Binary Installation to install on
> Kubuntu 10.04 from the Xastir site.
>
> However, when I try to install I constantly get an error message that says:
> "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libcurl
>
> So I installed libcurl3 and it gives me same error message....so I guess it
> wasn't kidding when it said it is not "satisfiable."
>
> Any ideas on what to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Duffy
> www.wb8nut.com

I found the problem - a typo in one of the files in the deb package.
It figures it was the last thing I "fixed" before posting the current
version.  That will teach me to test it one last time even after the
most minor of changes - even the most minor change can get
fat-fingered.  I should have a fixed version out later tonight.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX