[Xastir] Installing latest on hardy?

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Wed Jul 21 17:27:14 EDT 2010

Thanks for the info on ax25.  I was able to (I think) get it connected
to my modem.  Have no idea if it's working yet, but at least it put the
tnc into kiss mode.  Have no idea how to test it yet, but that's not why
I'm  writing this.

I downloaded the latest source and did the bootstrap.sh and configure
steps.  In the INSTALL file, there are only two manditory dependencies.
I have satisfied both of them and the ./configure command kicked out
some warnings but completed.  However the make failed almost
immediately.  Should this work on Ubuntu 8.04?

Thanks,
Jim.