[Xastir] Installing latest on hardy?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 13:52:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> So create an alias in BASH to run the script and then run Xastir?  I
> haven't automated mine yet either, 'cuz I reboot so seldom.  Often
> recently 'cuz I triggered a bug in my NVidia chipset with the USB1.1
> SignaLink device, but now that's solved, it should be seldom again!
> :-)
>
>    vi .profile
>    alias runxastir="path/scriptname; xastir &"

Hah!  I should have told how to get out of vi for you non-vi users.
That's a difficult thing if you've not used vi much before.

Here's the full thing:

     vi .profile
     (j/k keys move you up and down, h/l keys move you left/right)
     i (to get into insert mode)
     alias runxastir="path/scriptname; xastir &"
     <Esc> (takes you out of insert mode back to command mode)
     :wq (Write out and exit.  ":q!" exits without writing)

Of course use whatever editor works for you.  I'm so fast with vi I
hate anything else, but I guess I'm old-school now (no, not the
movie).