[Xastir] Installing latest on hardy?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:12:12 EDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Jim wrote:

> Just for documentation, port 17500 is used by Dropbox to listen for other
> servers on the network.  If I figure out how to turn it off and keep Dropbox
> running I'll pass it on.

Our Wiki page here:

     http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:AX.25

Mentions Samba, icecream, Cups, and Linux games.  We _could_ add to
this list and/or add specifics for tweaking each to get them to stop
talking out the AX.25 ports.  We could also talk about Firewall
rules and how to stop things that way.  If anyone wishes to add to
the Wiki page there, feel free.  Just keep it easy to read and
hopefully not too complex for new users.