[Xastir] Level III radar mosaics are back

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Sat Jul 24 12:17:37 EDT 2010

xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
>    1. Re: Level III radar mosaics are back (Gerald Creager)
>

> From:
> Gerald Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>
> Date:
> Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:19:17 -0500
>

> Seems we've had another little problem. I'm trying to free up space,
> but I've now got a programmatic requirement to hold 90 days of radar
> data. The gotcha is, on a multiterabyte RAID shelf, mounted using NFS,
> if you discover you need to do an 'rm -rf <some multiterabyte
> directory>' it takes an inordinate amount of time. AS soon as I can
> get the system cleaned out, I can get back to the serious business of
> providing WMS services for you. I'm working as fast as I can on it!
> Really!
>
> 73 gerry N5JXS

Gerry,

We DO appreciate your thankless effort to get the xastir community
Weather Radar.  It has been a great help when it is available.  We also
realize that we get what we pay for...  You ARE indeed very much
appreciated.  Thank you and TAMU for providing us with this valuable
service.

Sincere-Thanks-73's - Dale.  KG5LT