[Xastir] Installing latest on hardy?

Jim jim at k4gvo.com
Fri Jul 23 10:15:49 EDT 2010

Dean Groe wrote:
> [...]
Hi, Dean,

Thanks,  I'm pretty sure the host on will be ignored.  A power cycle may
take the PK-232 out of kiss mode but I'm fairly sure the rest of the
parameters will remain set.  Host mode on the PK-232 is separate from
kiss mode.  I believe the two are mutually exclusive.  You could put it
in host mode then send the host mode command to put it into kiss mode,
but that's a waste of time.  I was very familiar with host mode, having
written a DOS comm program for the PK-232 and PK-900 years ago.

What are the pseudo terminal devices, /dev/ptyq0 /dev/ptyq1 for?

Thanks,
Jim.