[Xastir] Announcing tile support for OSM

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Wed Jul 28 20:06:20 EDT 2010

Brett and Curt,
The only problem is that bulk downloads are strongly discouraged, and
expressly prohibited for some zoom levels, by
the OSM tile servers. See the policy at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy

Of course other tile servers may have different policies, and I know
of at least one
program that appears to violate the policy.

Not that I would ever suggest anyone should violate the policy, but I
would hope that if they
did they would not use the XASTIR user-agent setting.

...jerry