[Xastir] Problem after usingcompiling from using CVS

ml41782 ml41782 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 14:15:37 EDT 2010

I finally got away from the pre built packages and decided to use CVS for more recent fixes and updates.

I followed the instruction here:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Notes:CVS

The download went smoothly.

cd xastir
   cvs update
   ./bootstrap.sh
   ./configure
   (make clean;make -j3 2>&1) | tee make.log
   sudo make install
   sudo chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir (only needed if using kernel AX.25)

no Problems seen to this point.

then I typed xastir

and it failled to startup

This was the error
XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found? /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

after further examination I found that there is no xastir directory  in the /usr/share directory but instead its in the /usr/share/local

I know I can move this manually. I was wondering is this a flaw in the script someplace ?

Mike