[Xastir] Changes after updating

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:06:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I finally finished reading all the replies for a couple conversations in my
inbox, and have to give a big Thanks to those who made OSM happen in Xastir.
I also like how the open source nature of Xastir showed through as we went
from receiving an email about the online tigermaps being gone forever to
having OSM working, all in about 2 days by my count. I want to see a
commercial program do that. :)

Now the reason for my email, I noticed that since I updated via CVS that the
following error message shows up in the terminal:

"my_aprs_data: Writen error: 32"

I really can't give much more information, but looking at the number of
lines that were printed, it's possible that the error occurred when Xastir
transmits my position. I think that makes sense given the variable name. I
updated again, and have had it running for over 1 hour without the error
occurring. Just thought I would let you know, though.

One more oddity I found is that before I updated, the right-click menu would
stay open if I right-clicked momentarily on the map. But now that I updated
from CVS, if I right-click on the map the right-click menu opens then
disappears immediately unless I hold the right mouse button.

Again, great job on OSM.