[Xastir] OSM Oddity

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Sat Jun 12 16:26:30 EDT 2010

I know it's being worked, but I just noticed an oddity and thought it might contribute a detail worth knowing (or not).

I had my usual map up (basically my county and a little more). I wanted to zoom in on the route from my wife's work place (west of home) to home (where I am). I drew a zoom box around both locations (narrow top to bottom, and just long enough to keep both locations). What I got was a map of the city that's in the middle, not entirely unexpected given the previously mentioned limitations. I zoomed out (clicked the out button) and it gave me what I initially wanted ... so perhaps a change to the code to look out a little on a box-draw zoom to see if there is something outward a little that will fit the provided info.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn