[Xastir] I've broken my Xastir install :-(

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Tue Jun 15 04:58:08 EDT 2010

G'day Ian,

What I had to do in this situation, at the point of trying the new
version from CVS, was:

1.  finish the build with a "sudo make install",

2.  remove the old version that was there before,

3.  pass on a change from /usr/share/xastir to /usr/local/share/xastir
in my .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file.

That last step can be done quickly by making a backup of that file and
then removing it, before starting Xastir.

Going backwards from a build to what you had before is quite hard to
describe, because it isn't practical to know what you had before unless
you had backups.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/