[Xastir] I've broken my Xastir install :-(

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:24:19 EDT 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, James Cameron wrote:

> What I had to do in this situation, at the point of trying the new
> version from CVS, was:
>
> 1.  finish the build with a "sudo make install",
>
> 2.  remove the old version that was there before,
>
> 3.  pass on a change from /usr/share/xastir to /usr/local/share/xastir
> in my .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file.

That change to the Xastir codebase appears to have been done in
early July 2003...  So long ago that I had forgotten about it 'cuz
it doesn't come up much anymore.

We have two scripts in the xastir/scripts directory that helped with
that change:  "xastir-fixcfg.sh" and "xastir-migrate.sh".  You run
one of them as the Xastir user (for each user that ran Xastir
prior), and the other one as root (just once for that one).  If
you're converting from /usr/share/xastir w/o the scripts, remember
to move your maps directory instead of deleting the whole tree and
starting over.