[Xastir] I've broken my Xastir install :-(

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Tue Jun 15 19:47:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 06:24:19AM -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, James Cameron wrote:
> >
> >3.  pass on a change from /usr/share/xastir to /usr/local/share/xastir
> >in my .xastir/config/xastir.cnf file.
>
> That change to the Xastir codebase appears to have been done in
> early July 2003...  So long ago that I had forgotten about it 'cuz
> it doesn't come up much anymore.

It should come up any time that someone is using Xastir packaged by a
Linux distribution that follows the LSB.  /usr/local is not to be used
by distribution packaged code, and so the distribution developers
maintain a delta against Xastir in perpetuity.  Not a fault in Xastir.

Many first-time users of Xastir may discover the program through
distribution packages ... so it helps to remember what they will
experience.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/