[Xastir] I've broken my Xastir install :-(

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 15 11:55:43 EDT 2010

Gents,
	I got it working!!!!
	Went back through the install guide mentioned and ended up getting a message
about an existing tree and that I should run "make distclean".
	I did that for my original install and after a LOT of warnings when going
through the get-mapinstall script, ended up with "yes" against all the
options (except festival; not using speech).
	I now have my rasters back and I can see the OSM stuff.......Yippee :-)
	But (and isn't there always), when I right-click on the map, the pop-up menu
doesn't stay there for me to make a selection.
	I seem to remember something about a "right-click problem" but that related
to Fedora. Anyone seeing something similar with (K)Ubuntu 8.04??
	WRT OSM maps, can they be cached locally?? I'm not always connected to the
internet and it would be handy to have the map data saved locally.
	Thanks for you assistance and patience.

Ian