[Xastir] WMS need help

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at cih.uib.no
Tue Jun 15 12:05:44 EDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 03:29 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Kai Gunter Brandt wrote:
>
>> URL
>> http://openwms.statkart.no/skwms1/wms.topo2?VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&LAYERS=topo2_WMS&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/gif&BGCOLOR=0xFFFFFF&TRANSPARENT=FALSE
>>

>> And in the log for xastir i get:
>> xastir: Improper image header
>> `/home/kgb/.xastir/map_cache/map_1276600986.png' @
>> png.c/ReadPNGImage/2923.
>
> It looks from the code like we're hard-coded to use png maps. Do
> you get a different error message if you use PNG?

Then i get no errors but i get StreetMap data.
Then i flushed the map cache and checked the map_cache folder and it's
empty.
Enabling statskart.geo i get openstreetmap in xastir.
In the map_cache i get two files:
map_1276617728.gif
mao_cache.db

Viewing this with a hexeditor i get things like:
home/kgb/.xastir/map_cache/map_1276617728.gif^@^@^@�^@^Ahttp://ojw.dev.openstreetmap.org/StaticMap/?layer=osmarender&m$

So i'm one step closer to some fantastic maps for No(r)way :o)

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA