[Xastir] Problem Configuring

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 09:24:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Garland Sparks wrote:

> I have attempted to include all of the files necessary to configure Xastir.

How are you getting the files?   If you're getting them via a
released package then all the files you need should be there.  Same
for CVS.

> However, I received the following error (includes the last few lines of the
> file):
>
> config.status: creating src/shapelib/contrib/Makefile
> config.status: creating symbolos/Makefile
> config.status: creating xastir.sped
> config.status: error: cannot find can input file:  xastir-min.spec.in

I see typo's in the above, so you must be hand-typing the messages
into your e-mail?

Are you trying to run an RPM command to build Xastir?  That's where
xastir-min.spec.in would come into play.  I have a few spec.in files
on my system here but they're not used for a normal compile.

Tell us more about what you're trying to do and we should be able to
help you.  If you're not building RPM's or LSB, this should be the
procedure:

     ./bootstrap.sh
     ./configure
     make
     sudo make install
     sudo chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/xastir   # Optional

Skip bootstrap.sh if you're building from a released package.