[Xastir] WX200d No Weather Data In Xastir

aa9vt aa9vt at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 19 20:35:12 EDT 2010

I am using wx200d to get weather data from an Oregon Scientific WMR968.
I have no trouble reading the data using wx200 client software. Xastir
was setup to uise Internet wx in the Interface control. I set it for
local host and port 9753, wx200d default port. The interface control box
shows the connection is up. I don't get any data when View Own Weather
Data  except for zeros in Wind Gust, Today's Rain Current HR Total and
last 24 Rain Total. Same resuls using versions 1.96 or version 1.98. I
tried compiling 1.98 and using the compiled binaries. I have tried this
on FC13, Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and 10.04  all with amd64. I was able to get
some weather data using Xastir version 1.80. I even tried accessing data
from another computer using an identical wmr968 receiver and using
wx200d on that machine.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I am trying to upgrade my shack
computer and really want to send out weather data.

Again, I do get correct weather data using the wx200 client in all
machines using all above named LINUX versions.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

John AA9VT