[Xastir] WX200d No Weather Data In Xastir

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 13:20:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010, aa9vt wrote:

> I am using wx200d to get weather data from an Oregon Scientific WMR968. I
> have no trouble reading the data using wx200 client software. Xastir was
> setup to uise Internet wx in the Interface control. I set it for local host
> and port 9753, wx200d default port. The interface control box shows the
> connection is up. I don't get any data when View Own Weather Data  except for
> zeros in Wind Gust, Today's Rain Current HR Total and last 24 Rain Total.
> Same resuls using versions 1.96 or version 1.98. I tried compiling 1.98 and
> using the compiled binaries. I have tried this on FC13, Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and
> 10.04  all with amd64. I was able to get some weather data using Xastir
> version 1.80. I even tried accessing data from another computer using an
> identical wmr968 receiver and using wx200d on that machine.

I can compile wx200d here just fine but have no weather station of
that type to test with.  Is it possible that you could make a port
available for me to connect to for testing?  If so, send the info
along in private e-mail.

I see that the daemon itself hasn't been updated in quite a while
(02/01/2004).  It's certainly possible that Xastir changes since
then broke something, but without a way to test I can't do much
about it.  Perhaps one of the other developers has a weather station
that wx200d can talk to?

I have two types of weather stations here for testing (none of them
outside), none that would talk to wx200d though.