[Xastir] Ubuntu 10.04 - XastirWiki

Stan Grigaliunas sgrigali at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 17:48:24 EDT 2010

After finding out that Tiger maps are no longer available I have been searching for my next move.  My Xastir that was installed via 10.04 was V1.9.4.  I followed the instructions that were listed on the Xastir Wiki.  I ran into a snag.  After doing the 'Install xastir' section, I was rewarded with 'yes' on the options listed with "xastir 1.9.9 has been configured to use the following options and external libraries". So I did 'Build the code' with the next step.  When it told me to launch the xastir it gave me a message saying xastir is not installed!!  It said to do the sudo apt-get install xastir command.  I did that, and that installed the original V1.9.4.  So I did the Wiki again, with the same results.

I am as green as a dollar bill, so what is my next move?  I have been using xastir for APRS with on line Tiger maps for few years now.  I do have a complete set of Tiger maps on CD's that I purchased few years ago, but have not tried them.

73
Stan
k8srb