[Xastir] Sidux 2010-01 Installation Notes

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:55:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Tim Billingsley <kd5ckp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Tim Billingsley <kd5ckp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Trying to use OSM. Like I said I am missing something.
>>
>> When I go here
>> "maps>map chooser>OSM"
>> I see maybe 20 choices. Select them all or what I have tried many
>> combinations and had no luck. I see no change.
>
> I failed to specify that the 20 or so are all showing as OSM of one
> type or another. There are others also, but I am just looking at the
> OSM ones.
>
> OK so there are only 9 but each is listed twice. .osm and.geo
> OSM_cloudmade_1
> OSM_cloudmade_2
> OSM_cloudmade_5
> OSM_cloudmade_998
> OSM_cloudmade_999
> OSM_cycle
> OSM_mapnik
> OSM_osmarender
> OSM_skiing

Only select one at a time.  I have settled on Online/OSM_mapnik.geo as
my personal favorite.  Each choice is a different 'style".  Jerry
Dunmire posted the following info below.  I hope things get working
for you.  I ran through the HowTo twice - once with the KDE version of
Sidux 2010-01 and then with the Xfce version.  There was another
person on the list who went through the HowTo for Sidux 2010-01 and
ended up with Xastir crashing.  I haven't been able to duplicate that
problem, either.  Both of the Sidux installations were done under
VirtualBox in Windows - in theory that shouldn't affect maps.  My
Linux box currently dual-boots PCLinuxOS 2010 and Mepis 8.5 - don't
want to put another distro on it now.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT