[Xastir] Vmware Players latest version

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:57:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Tony Hunt <wavetel at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Has anyone tried building a VMware version of the latest xastir from CVS with some of these nice new features ? I have been watching the developments with Lenny and Lucid packages which is great to see. I intend to try out some of these in a while.
>
> A VmPlayer would be good if anyone is still messing with these ..

Hi Tony,

Last year I quit trying to create any VM's with VMware Server (F/U/W
VMware Player) - got frustrated with VMware Tools never installing
properly on new Linux distributions.  Sun (now Oracle) VirtualBox,
however, has been a breath of fresh air.  I have no problem installing
the "VboxLinuxAdditions" (VMware Tools equivalent) in most Linux
distributions.

I haven't created any new VirtualBox VM's for distribution with
Xastir, however, since last September.  Would there be any interest in
a new VirtualBox VM with all of Xastir's current goodies?  I have no
desire to go back to VMware.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX