[Xastir] OSM maps

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Jun 27 21:15:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2010, at 9:02 AM, weller at andreas-weller.de wrote:
>
>> But how to use it? It's not listed with the other maps...
>>

> It should show up in Map Chooser as Online/OpenStreetMaps.geo.

   I finally got around to updating this evening, and I see the .osm and
.geo files in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online, but they don't show up
in the map chooser, even after doing a 'reindex all maps'.
   In the terminal window from which I launched xastir, there appeared many
messages telling me the ridge radar .geo files were skipped due to a
missing IMAGESIZE parameter, followed by a question: Perhaps no
Imagemagic/Graphicsmagic is installed?  My scroll buffer doesn't go back
far enough to see if there were any OSM maps rejected for the same reason.
Is that a possibility?

This is on a very old Kubuntu system. ISTR something about non-standard
library locations, and an alias or link that needs to be created.  The
.configure script found imagemagik was indeed present.

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009