[Xastir] OSM maps

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Sun Jun 27 21:53:53 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Rick Green wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>

>>  On Jun 14, 2010, at 9:02 AM, weller at andreas-weller.de wrote:
>>
>> >  But how to use it? It's not listed with the other maps...
>> >

>>  It should show up in Map Chooser as Online/OpenStreetMaps.geo.
>>
>  I finally got around to updating this evening, and I see the .osm and .geo
> files in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online, but they don't show up in the
> map chooser, even after doing a 'reindex all maps'.
>  In the terminal window from which I launched xastir, there appeared many
> messages telling me the ridge radar .geo files were skipped due to a missing
> IMAGESIZE parameter, followed by a question: Perhaps no
> Imagemagic/Graphicsmagic is installed?  My scroll buffer doesn't go back far
> enough to see if there were any OSM maps rejected for the same reason.
> Is that a possibility?
>
> This is on a very old Kubuntu system. ISTR something about non-standard
> library locations, and an alias or link that needs to be created.  The
> .configure script found imagemagik was indeed present.

note you probably need ./configure --prefix=/usr/ ,
otherwise it will default to /usr/local
and thus /usr/local/share/xastir will be put there.
i think /usr/share/xastir/ to look for stuff like maps is defined
in config file, or hardcoded other way - i've got similiar issue,
as fresh install of xastir installed in /usr/local looked for files
in /usr/share/xastir...