[Xastir] ***Spam*** CVS problems?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 06:36:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:

>> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 06:23:36PM -0400, Michael J. Wolthuis wrote:
>>> When I try to login today it says:
>>> Unknown host xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net
>>
>> Works for me now.  Any temporary internet problem at your end may cause
>> a similar behaviour.  Even if it is down you would at least get a
>> connection failure or timeout.
>
> it seems it was down along with mailing list (it is reason why i've tried
> to send test message earlier - my mail server reported problems with delayed
> mail)

Nope.  Sourceforge.net and xastir.org are entirely different sites,
run by different people.  An outage on one does not affect the
other.  It may have been a coincidence that they were down at the
same time.  It may have been some difficulty in DNS servers or other
internet connectivity (between yourself and the internet) which
happened at the same time Xastir.org was down.