[Xastir] Latest OSM tweaks

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jun 28 18:51:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:00:01AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ibennett at tpg.com.au> flavor, containing:
> Curt,
> 	I updated via CVS and still see version 1.9.9. Is this right?? I would have
> expected to see a minor version increment for any change.
> 	Also, the F4 key works for me also (Kubuntu 8.10).
> 	Thanks to Jerry for his work.

The CVS version of Xastir does not have version updates from day to day.

The last released version of Xastir is 1.9.8, and CVS always reports 1.9.9.
The day of checkout/build is the best indicator of what "version" of CVS
you're running.

When the next stable release is put out, it'll be called "1.9.10" or something
like it.

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:26:17 Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > Jerry sent me some OSM tweaks Friday.  I managed to get them
> > tested and committed to CVS.  Below are Jerry's notes about the
> > patch.  I personally did a Reindex New on the maps a couple of
> > times, then killed/restarted Xastir to get the *.osm maps to be
> > removed from Map Chooser.  Perhaps one reindex would have worked,
> > but I didn't check the map index file until I had done it twice.
> >
> > Read Jerry's notes below.  BTW:  The <F4> key seems to work well for
> > me.  I'm using FVWM2 like Tom is.
> >
> > Thanks again Jerry, looks good!  --Curt.
> >
> <snip>

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."