[Xastir] added twitter capability with Xastir

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:16:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Peter Gamache wrote:

> Seriously, this is APRS-->Twitter, not the other way around.  It's a novelty
> for one particular user to be able to update his Twitter account from his
> APRS-enabled HT.  I think it's a nifty idea, if not exactly a mainstream
> feature.
>
> It does NOT allow random (or even specific) tweets onto RF or APRS-IS.
> If it did, I'd be up in arms, too, as twitter.com isn't known for policing
> spammers very well, and that's the last thing we need.

Another thing to be concerned about is popping our heads up above
the noise level and getting shot at.  Our infrastructure is not
bulletproof but I won't go into details 'cuz that would be shooting
myself in the foot.  Hmmm...  Enough shooting references in there?

If updating personal twitter accounts could cause non-hams to target
the APRS infrastructure then I'm negative on the issue, else I'm
neutral.  I have no personal experience to go on.