[Xastir] Hurricane plots

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:24:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:

> I forgot about refreshing the map.  Curt, is it possible to call a screen
> refresh on an active session of Xastir from command line or is it a matter
> of waiting it out?

We have the concept of a screen refresh for .GEO maps with the
REFRESH tag in there, but not for any other types of maps.  If
you're not using that last, Xastir will NEVER refresh the map, by
design, unless the user does something to require it.

Xastir draws the map stackup once, and if there's no refresh tag on
a .geo file in that map stackup, it's done.  It then uses the pixmap
drawn as a base to draw weather alerts/stations/tracks on top of.

Weather alerts are another category.  Same for
stations/objects/tracks.  Those are all periodically refreshed.