[Xastir] I got it to work with ubuntu 10.04 but

Denton K Larson radioguy at frontiernet.net
Wed Mar 3 08:53:40 EST 2010

Hi everybody

Well I got Xastir to work with Ubuntu 10.04 but it has a problem.
Originally I had 9.04 and I figured I could go to 9.10, BIG PROBLEM. So
I would go back to 9.04 then I put in 8.04 LTS. But VLC would not work.

Any I put in 10.04 yes I know it is not ready but what the heck :-)

Here is what I got

dlarson at dlarson-deskdell:~$  sudo apt-get install cvs autoconf automake
xorg-dev libmotif-dev imagemagick gv libxp-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
cvs is already the newest version.
cvs set to manually installed.
or been moved out of Incoming.

   xorg-dev: Depends: x11proto-evie-dev but it is not installable
             Depends: x11proto-fontcache-dev but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

So I took out xorg-dev and it went in and it came up!
The thing that is goofy after it is up, I do a right click I can't get
to the menu bar, it is stuck in the page. The only thing I can do is do
a ctrl/Alt/F2 and restart Ubuntu 10.04.

I am only a operator not a dig in kind of a guy :-)

So anybody got hints as to what I can do.

WB0ZUR
Denton Larson
Arlington, MN