[Xastir] kpc-9612 and now what?

Alejandro Pereida xe2_bss at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 01:53:13 EST 2010

Being an absolute rookie to APRS, with some knowledge of packet I'm trying to setup a KPC-9612 with xastir, I clicked on the interface button -> interface control -> Add
-> serial TNC  and configured it in the following way:

Activate on startup -> checked
Allow transmitting -> checked
Port settings -> 9600bps
Port Style -> 8N1
Igate options -> Disable all Igate traffic (for now)
Unproto paths -> Path1 WIDE2-2
Tnc setup filename -> tnc-startup.sys (default one)

The interface remains "DOWN" and the "start" button won't bring it up.
The serial device is /dev/ttyS0 I tested it using minicom and works fine with the
KPC-9612.

Any ideas what Am I missing?

Thanks
N2IX