[Xastir] Getting message in terminal window - what does it mean?

Norman Heyen n.heyen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 19:10:21 EDT 2010

Thanks for the reply Curt,

I have the tigermap.geo loaded and it seems OK.

When I try to load the .SHP files in the list, I get error messages about
not having valid DBFAWK or something along those lines. Obviously I don't
have something quite right. Any thoughts about that?

Maybe part of the problem is that I don't know what it should act like...
I'm assuming there should be some sort of weather alert or warning for most
of the county for flood warnings or watches with the melting snow. At least
that is what shows up on the TV forecasts.

Sorry to ask such basic questions but I'm sort of all alone out here. There
are a couple of other APRS people about 30+ miles away but none claim to use
Xastir.

Thanks!
Norman
KC9NVN