[Xastir] Gating Wx alerts to RF

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 19:22:07 EDT 2010

Well, another stormy day in Central Florida, and more Tornado warnings NOT gated to RF.
I really need someone to point me to the place in the documentation that I am missing.  I have been through the README* files, INSTALL, etc...  until my eyes are red, the program help screens, and the online forums AGAIN, I still cannot find what part of this that I am missing.

Since my last post, I did turn on Configure ->Defaults, Allow RF->Inet and Inet->RF traffic.  That seemed reasonable.
I still have Disable all IGate Traffic enabled in the IGate Options of the AX.25 TNC Interface. I did not see anything in the docs that said I had to change that to gate Wx alerts.  Once again, please correct me if I am wrong.  As mentioned before, we have more than enough I-Gates in the area already, many of them are bi-directional.

I looked through the APRS IS filter docs to see if there was anything that would allow me to receive everything within my range filter, yet only gate certain calls or objects.  I did not see anything that seemed to fit that criteria.

I am not sure what caused all of the extraneous question marks to show up in my last message.  While I had questions, I was not THAT serious about them...  :- >

Thanks

Dean  KD4TWJ