[Xastir] Geo files for US RIdge Radar maps from ...

Kevin Paetzold kevin.paetzold at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:27:32 EDT 2010

On 03/31/2010 12:00 PM, xastir-request at lists.xastir.org wrote:
"Geo files for US RIdge Radar maps from K1KWP
http://www.townisp.com/~k1kwp/NWS_Ridge_geos.tar.gz"

Glad to know that some people are using those .geos I produced.  I
thought maybe I was the only one.  There are actually some additional
.geos from the ridge stuff that I have considered adding to that
collection.

In addition there are static maps such as highways, topo, rivers, city,
county, etc... from the NWS ridge stuff that I use. I did not put these
static maps or their geos into the original collection because I thought
that it was somewhat wastefull of NWS network bandwidth to have people
fetching them over and over again.  I also was not sure of what the copy
rights on them may be (so i did not want to distribute actual copies and
the map themselves).  Maybe the best way to make them available is to
include a script that would do one time wgets to fetch them.

73,

Kevin (K1KWP)