[Xastir] connecting xastir to multiple internet servers

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon May 3 07:30:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Kevin Ratcliff <kevin at kevinratcliff.com> wrote:
> I know it's normally a bad idea to connect an APRS client to multiple
> APRS-IS servers.

Really? Why?  If the 2 servers are part of the same APRS network it's
pointless, and may be problematic of you are gating; otherwise I think
it's just a waste of bandwidth, but not a problem.

> Since there is no connection between the two internet servers, is it a
> problem to connect to both at the same time from Xastir?

none at all.

When you start gating you need to think about what's going on;
otherwise it's no big deal.

-Jason
kg4wsv