[Xastir] connecting xastir to multiple internet servers

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Tue May 4 10:54:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Kevin Ratcliff <kevin at kevinratcliff.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If there's no connection between them at all, as in the igate
>> doesn't connect to the APRS-IS either, then it's fine to connect
>> multiples up.  Xastir can handle up to 15.
>
> Right, there's no connection to the APRS-IS from the igate. That
> answers my question.

This is working great. One minor thing: I'd like to log packets from
one internet interface, but not the other. I see where I can enable
net logging globally, but not on a per interface basis. Am I missing
something, or is this not implemented that way?

The incoming data window identifies the interface by a number like so:

0:NET-> (packet goes here)
1:NET-> (packet goes here)

It would be great if there was a way to include this information in
the logfile, but that might break functionality if you change the
format.

Perhaps there could be a per-interface logfile:

net.0.log
net.1.log

or something of that nature?

If this seems like a reasonable request I can put in a feature request
on sourceforge.

Basically what I want to do is have the ability to log all packets
from the 144.990 igate but not from the rotate.aprs.net server, or at
least keep them separate. This is a fairly minor issue for me though.

Thanks again Curt.

Kevin

PS - I would love to see this feature request implemented if someone
has time: "Logfile playback window needed - ID: 933777"