[Xastir] draft Ubuntu 10.04 install instructions on wiki

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 6 15:42:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 09:46:25PM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org> flavor, containing:
> Hi to all on list...
>
> I noticed that the latest version of Gdal is currently at 1.7.2 and that
> libgeotiff is at 1.3.0RC2
>
> I'm using these releases and I've not noticed any adverse effects!
>
> there is a small readme.txt where the modified version of rowcolumn.c
> resides (http://www.vk7hse.hobby-site.org/download/XASTIR_10.04_LTS/)
> explaining the build process (already covered in the howto)
>
> I realise that I could edit the entry to reflect the newer versions, but
> for stability I thought it best to simply mention for now!
>
> Now to keep an eye on awstats for the hits to that file!  ;)

Supposedly this has been fixed in OpenMotif on 10.04.  Can anyone here
confirm that?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grace/+bug/552681

I am, as yet, not running 10.04, and have not yet had time to build a
VM to test it out.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life