[Xastir] Xastir in dual mode

J Hunter jhunter at sardognetwork.org
Wed May 12 10:42:24 EDT 2010

OK, I don't know if using the term "dual mode" is accurate but for lack
of a better term here it goes....

I have Xastir running on a laptop and a TinyTrak4, I also have one of
the Argent GPS units. Now when I connect the TT4 to the laptop I am able
to see other APRS units in the area. When I connect the GPS unit to TT4
using the splitter cable I am able to see my position on aprs.fi but not
on my laptop. I've tried to set up the GPs unit with Xastir using both
options in the device settings but no joy. When I try to introduce the
GPS unit using one of the two options I am unable to see any of the
other APRS units in the area.

If I run the GPS/TT4 units by themselves and fire up the laptop and pull
the data from an internet connection I can see "myself"

Anyone know of a step by step set of instructions or is able to shed
some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

73
Jess