[Xastir] mheard stops hearing

Joseph Miller jmiller at eyes.arizona.edu
Thu May 13 12:58:56 EDT 2010

Hi All, not been able to find any reference to this.
My setup is an Acer Revo (little atom cpu no hard drive) and Coastal Chipworks TNC-X.  It is a USB powered unit.

After about 48 hours of running, the mheard daemon stops recording activity.  The AX-25 interface remains listed but no data comes in or out.  There is packet activity on the TNC-X (yellow light comes on).   I have a second station with an intel atom motherboard and coastal chipworks tnc-x that does not behave similarly.  Both have same version of debian.  There was a patch for the bios of the Revo for linux that I installed.
The Revo is a nice unit for this kind of task (low power, small, cheap) but my suspicion is that it is coming from that end of the USB cable.

Anyone using either of these units and having any problems? Thank you-

Joe KI7WV