[Xastir] Distance in tables under View option

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 16 22:46:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

  I did a search before posting this in the archived messages I have but couldn't find an answer.  It's an easy question really.

Under the View menu item and the tabular displays for All, Local and Last
Stations, would it be possible for a distance from the current position be displayed like that for the Mobile table?  Am currently running from my basement so I entered into Xastir my position manually.  When I'm out with the laptop, I'll plug in a USB GPS and it is used, (seamlessly I may add) for position transmission and for position status.

I do indeed have the distances from my station displayed on the map but in the tabular form, one gets a better idea of how far from a station is without having to pull up the map display.

Is there a switch I forgot to pull or such?

See, I told you it was an easy one. If it's an option not available, I can live with it seeing as how this is a very fine program.  After using it, I just cannot get into UI-View as I find it counter intuitive when using it with the commercial maps.   I'm not dissing it as a lot of folks like it,
I just like Xastir better and found it easier to learn.  Plus, UI-View is dead as far as further development goes.  I'd rather live on my Linux boxes anyways.:-)

                               Kurt KC9LDH