[Xastir] PNG,GIF,TIFF,or JPEG images as maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat May 22 20:34:55 EDT 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Ian Bennett wrote:

> 	The IMAGESIZE was found using the "identify" program which is part of the
> Imagemagick suite of tools (I think).

Yes.

You could also use the GraphicsMagick tool which does the same
thing, I think "gm identify" or "gm -identify" or similar.

> 	Given you are referencing two points on the map by pixel location, I can't
> see why you absolutely have to use top left and bottom right. I haven't
> tested this though as I know the lat/long for the top left and bottom right
> of the images I use.

I believe this is correct, however you want to have as much vertical
separation and as much horizontal separation between the two points
selected as you can possible manage, to try to keep as much accuracy
as possible.  Try for points near or at two diagonal corners if
possible.