[Xastir] PNG,GIF,TIFF,or JPEG images as maps

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Sat May 22 20:08:59 EDT 2010

Lee,
	Here is one (of many) I use. It's fairly self explanatory. This file is
called tuggeranong.geo

FILENAME    tuggeranong.jpg
TIEPOINT    0           0       149.001207      -35.373442
TIEPOINT    5668        3471    149.251204      -35.498439
IMAGESIZE   5668        3471
#
# Converted by Benny's script
#

	The IMAGESIZE was found using the "identify" program which is part of the
Imagemagick suite of tools (I think).
	Given you are referencing two points on the map by pixel location, I can't
see why you absolutely have to use top left and bottom right. I haven't
tested this though as I know the lat/long for the top left and bottom right
of the images I use.

Ian
VK1IAN
A very novice Xastir user.